Saturday 2 October 2010

Rec's With Lyndsey





In honor of the re-instititution of FortheLoveofNonCanon, I decided that our first rec would have to be something special. Not that I don't love JasperxBella shippers, and PeterxBella is barely is practically canon in the fandom these days. But today, I wanted something special; I wanted a Rare Pair. 

So yeah. CxB. Do you know what that means?

CARLISLExBELLA

Statistics

Stories on FFnet : 730
Rated K-T : 375 
Rated M :  355 
Complete : 307


by

Author Summary: He had been left by the only family he had known in centuries, only to find his redemption in the one woman who had been tragically broken by his own family. When an unexpected reunion occurs, will it heal the wounds they've endured? C/B, AU, rated M

What I bring to the table for you today is what I am sure is going to be an awe-inspiring collab of two excellent authors. And I mean, come on; it's Carlisle and Bella! 

It's not cheesy, as often Rare-Pairs tend to be.  I hate reading a fic where it's just a little to far fetched, or AU that you get a little lost.  It's realistic in the fact that Carlisle is still Carlisle, and Bella is still Bella, but each with a few years tacked on and the wisdom that comes with age. 

We get down to the knitty-gritty of the story almost instantly, a fact for which I am grateful. There is no pussy-footing around; these authors tell it like it is and expect you to believe it.  There is nothing that bores me more then excessive back-story. A little goes a long way, people, with the exception of the occasional squiggly-line flashback.   I am totally excited to see where my girls will take this fic.



She greeted me flatly, pale and shaky.
"Carlisle. I don't know about you, but I could use a fucking drink."
She spun on her heel and headed deeper into her apartment. I followed, a bit uncertain whether I was actually invited or not. I found her in the kitchen with a bottle of wine. She cursed softly as the mouth of the bottle clattered against her wine glass. She quickly gulped down half the glass and topped it off again. She clutched the refilled glass as if it would ward off evil. A bright, but completely false, smile graced her lips.
"So, San Francisco? The apartment's a little small don't you think? I mean, Mooshie and I love it. Mooshie's my cat." She paused here for a breath before launching back into her nervous babbling. "You don't eat pet cats, right? No, of course you don't...I know that! Shit, I'm babbling!"
She blushed bright red and took another large gulp of red wine. Her hands were trembling so badly that I feared for her spotless white carpeting. I reached out and plucked the almost empty glass from her shaking hands, smiling sadly, my loneliness and despair evident.
"I do not eat pets, Isabella. As for the size of the apartment, I find it perfectly adequate. I am alone now."






3 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome back For The Love of Non-Canon! You know I'm such a huge non-canon girl! I can't even tell you how excited I was to see that you'd rec'd Redemption of the Heart...LadyMiaF & I are so excited that you are enjoying it. We are excited to be writing it! Anyway, thanks again and we'll do our best to do the pairing right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Chris *grins* I started out as a rper ad still am but I have began writing as well and I love it! thanks for the rec really really.. I am so glad people are enjoying what I and Chris come up with together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might I add also lol sorry that the story was brought up when I decided finally i wished to try to role play a carlisle. if you want to watch it unfold on twitter as the story is written follow @docdreamycullen and @forgottenlamb.

    ReplyDelete