Wednesday 16 June 2010

Pairing info



Hey guys, Miss-Beckie-Louise here, hope you guys are all okay, I'm here to do our Pairing information!

As you have all noticed on the top of the page, is a banner stating that this week is Carlisle Cullen week. Here is a bit of information, about him, and the pairings, as well as a few really short interviews that I threw in just on the off chance!

Carlisle Cullen.

Carlisle is the most favourite “father” figure in the whole fandom. (No offence to Charlie but we really don't see enough of him in the books or fandom.) Not only is he the best father figure out there, he's also one of the major characters that the oh so many lemons are written for.

Carlisle and who?

There are many pairings where Carlisle is concerned, not only is Bella/Carlisle so popular but there are a lot of Carlisle/Edward fics too. A bit of slash never hurts anyone, right?

Just searching the site, the first page alone has more Bella/Carlisle fics then Carlisle/Esme (I wasn't going to cover this as it's canon, but what the hell, it's Carlisle week!)

The best Bella/Carlisle fics out there:

A Light in the Darkness/ Basking in the Light of our Love by SweetT129.

Talking to SweetT129 about her fanfictions.

What inspired you to write Bella and Carlisle?

I thought that Carlisle was awesome from the first time I read the books. I don't think he gets enough credit - I mean, he is the one who basically invented vegetarianism for vamps. His character and strength are totally impressive, and then he's sexy on top of it. Even Bella noticed it when she first saw him. I just liked the idea of letting him be the sexy young man that he is. It's hotness.

How did you come up with the plot/ideas for A Light in the Darkness and Basking in the Light of our Love?

The battle with Victoria was something that made me crazy. The Cullens have a whole army coming after them, and everyone just walks away? Doubtful. I wanted a more "realistic" (in the sense that I'm writing about vampires, lol) version of events. And I wanted Bella and Carlisle together in a way that didn't involve him cheating or falling out of love with Esme, because, sorry, but that just wouldn't happen.

What advice would you give to people wanting to write any Carlisle fic?

Keep him in character! I hate reading Carlisle and Esme just "falling out of love". That's just not real for me. If they split up, there's got to be a good reason, otherwise I won't read it. Other than that, just make it good. And get a beta. Please. And for God's sake, what is with all these fics I keep reading where Carlisle's first time with someone is anal? Why do these writers think Carlisle is some crazy anal-obsessed freak? shakes head Ugh. No words...

Have you read many Carlisle fics? and if so which ones are your favourites?

Yeah, I read most of them. Well, I try to. So many of them are terrible and I just can't go on. My favorites, and I wish I had read more, because I know there's good ones out there, are: The Hummer by Mabarberella, Ithaca is Gorges by Gisele-lx (it's actually a canon fic, but told in CPOV and I LOVE her Carlisle), Dark Moon by ToryTigress92, Working Out the Kinks by ItHappened, and Bittersweet Hurt by Minerva-One

Which is the most overused plot line for Carlisle fics out there?

It would have to be either Edward left and Carlisle and Esme suddenly fell out of love and he went back for Bella, or Edward asks Carlisle to take Bella's virginity. I roll my eyes at both, really. I'm not saying there hasn't been a good one, but it's overdone. Those are two of the only ways I've seen it written.

Not well known Carlisle fic's out there.

(Esme/Carlisle) Victory Lane By Viola Cornuta and Gasaway Alley

Viola Cornuta is a collaboration writer, she's collaborated many fics, all of which you can find on her profile which is linked above. I asked her a few questions:

What Carlisle fics have you wrote or writing?

I wrote an outtake for Victory Lane from Carlisle and Esme's POVs Victory Lane is the outtakes of Kick the Tires and Light the Fires by Gasaway Alley Then on some collabs I did the Carlisle and Esme sections Pick Your Poison

So do you just write canon fics?

Well, all I do is collabs, and so I go with the flow with my co-authors I've done Emmett and Siobhan with winterstale she and I are working on an Emmett and Kate for the Wrong Kind of Monster in Law contest

If you went on your own what pairing would you write?

That is so hard, because I'm really a coward about being out there on my own. I'm going to go with long-married, all human Carlisle and Esme which is going to make your blog explode in frustration. I love Jenn's exploration of the neglected women in Twilight

So why did you start collaboration?

goldenmeadow, author of Dead Confederates, is my hero, and she asked Gasaway Alley and me to write an outtake where Stephanie Meyer's Edward gets cranky with Dead Confederates' Eddie. Dead Confederate's Esme goes to Forks to scold The Edward for being rude that was the first thing I wrote and I've done about 8 collabs since I love the riffs and buzzes from collaborative work

Do you read any Carlisle fics?

Yes! I do, and I have encouraged the development of a few through my beta work--goldenmeadow's Sour is a Carlisle/Emmett fic--very hot and about as non-canon as you can get!

What is your most favourite Carlisle fic ever?

Lordy, there was one where he was the father of small Edward and Emmett, Esme had died when Edward was a baby. Bella was his summer au pair, college aged--it was a 3 chapter, and was painfully hot and sad and needy. Couldn't tell you the title though. It was on Twilighted. I like older dads

Have you read any good ones lately on fanfiction?

Save Your Soul by fatallyobsessed that is a Carlisle who has been tempted away from his vegetarian purity and his struggle to regain his family. Goldenmeadow's Youth Without Age and Life Without Death has excellent Carlisle POVs, Chapter 3 and Chapter 6: these are both canon pairings, Carlisle is with Esme, but the stories both turn the kaleidoscope so beautifully, twisting their circumstances in their vampire world

A special thank you to SweetT129 and Viola Cornuta for the interviews today. I know that this is the first post on Pairing information, and to be honest I didn't have a clue on what to write for any of it!

All I can say though, is that there are a LOT of Carlisle fanfictions. The ones that I have read have been fantastic, and Dr. Feel Good is what anybody needs!

If you want anymore information about Carlisle then please go to either Twilight Lexicorn or TLYDF. These sites are so much better for telling you more about pairings and the characters within the saga. If you find any Carlisle fics that you want to rec us please use the form at the top of the page!

Thank you to everyone for reading this, and I hope you all have a good day!

From,

Miss-Beckie-Louise and the For the Love of Non-Canon team.

P.S here's a really hot picture of Carlisle (Peter Facinelli) for us all to look at and wish he was our doctor. Come on people, we all think it, I'm just saying it.



4 comments:

  1. Missus Viola Cornuta aka the Vi-brarian!!! This is so cool! This woman is a walking, living, breathing wealth of knowledge - useful and useless(which is useful as hell)! She is by far one of the most needed and loved women in all the fandom as far as many, many, many of us are concerned. She is entirely too modest. Her writing style is incredible, she has more plot bunnies clogging her brain than the average Hoover, and...she's funny. I mean hilarious, she's got more anecdotes and one-liners than the Urban Dictionary! She is a true gem and a rare humanitarian being. We love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see Vi getting the attention her loving self so richly deserves!!! Gasaway Alley is sooo right!

    Her tender loving Beta prints are all over much of my work, and like the rest of us she is so kind to polish fics for, dread/love the sting of her "That Paddle" and bless her for the skillful use of her box o'commas. ;D

    So to see her touted for her own writing and how beautifully it sings, joining with and deepening the collaborative result just tickles me pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viola is an important touchstone for a few very talented writers. I was introduced to her through goldenmeadow and gasaway alley, she is one of the funniest, kindest, most knowledgeable women in the Double Wide and it's so nice to see her give her thoughts on Dr. Daddy.
    You rock Vi!!!

    ReplyDelete