Monday 14 June 2010

Weekly Teasers

Hit and Run by lifelesslyndsey


I perched myself on a battered wooden stool that tipped to the right, but held me none the less, and waited for her awakening. The bedroom was dark, nothing but long slats of moon light, and shadows between the blinds, making lines across the bed. It began with a twitch, wrists itching against the course confines of the rope, and then her head snapped up, umber eyes not unlike the color of cinnamon blinking up at me in rapid succession.


"Who are you?" I asked without preamble. I wasn't one to play games when my continued existence was in question. And it was always in question. "Answer me, girl."


"Bella," she said shortly, her glaring brown eyes lifted in defiance, in challenge. "Who are you?"

She was cocky, brimming with misplaced courage, and I was forced to wonder yet again if she was expecting a rescue. However, I sensed no one in a proximity that could be considered a threat, and I took her courage for what it was. A bluff.


"My name," I said quietly, leaning forward on my stool to close the distance between myself and my captive, "is Alistair."

________________________________________

The Courtyard by La Tessitrice


I woke up every morning with the ring on my finger and the heart-shaped pendant around my neck. Charlie had seen one but not the other, and when I challenged Edward about him sneaking the ring on while was I sleeping he didn’t even have the decency to seem sheepish about it.

“I like seeing you wearing it. It’s a tangible reminder that someday soon you’re going to be my wife.”

“What if Charlie walked in when I wasn’t expecting him and he saw it?”

“For someone who professes to have so much faith in me, sometimes you don’t show it.” He tapped his index finger against his temple and did that charming crooked smirk thing that always got him out of trouble. “I’ll know when he’s coming to check on you almost before he does.”


_________________________________________

For the Love of Bella by Ivy Kelley(Emmie857)


My mind stated to wonder as I curved around on the 101 about how all of this would play out. What would I say to Charlie? Would I even let him see me? Would just seeing him be enough after all of this time? What if he remarried? I secretly hoped that he had remarried. Charlie needed someone in his life to take care of him.
Edward shifted in his sleep, breaking my concentration. I glanced at him, his face was relaxes and his hair had fallen across his brow. He was so beautiful, so peaceful. I smiled to myself as I my heart filled with joy once again as I returned my focus to the road. I was simply amazed out how much Edward had consumed me in the short time that we had been together. He really did seem to love me and I knew was finally felt happy.
Port Angeles came and went, but when the headlights of the car lit up the sign that said "The City of Forks Welcome You", I could barely contain my excitement.

____________________________________________________



Thank you to Lifeless Lyndsey, Le Tessitrice and Emmie857 for becoming the first people to send us teasers! Every Monday is Weekly Teaser day so please send us your teasers by then! We will post our forms on our Twitter accounts (the blog and personal) whenever we can, so please, please, please send them in!


Also thank you to Lyndsey for making our banners! Aren't they pretty?


This week is Carlisle week so keep a look out for posts related to Dr. Feel Good.


Thanks guys!


2 comments:

  1. Hi !!

    I'm surprised by your choices of stories !! The numero 2 and numero 3 are Bella/Edward...and I thought I will only read unconventional couples here !!
    Great recs for the Alistair/Bella.

    Megara

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are? I did ask for Non-Canon but ah well. It's just until things kick off :)

    ReplyDelete