Friday 25 June 2010

Straight from the source with Corrupted Desires

So today we bring you Corrupted Desires, author of the little known fic, My Prize, entry for the We Don't Need No Stinkin' Coven Contest, hosted by the lambs in March.   She's a funny lady, and a friend of mine. And she writes Peter slash!  The awesomeness is inherent. 








  1. I am going to admit to feeling like a dumb ass for even asking this question, Penny, but for the sake of our dear readers, what inspired you to write My Prize?  *blushes*


*laughs* Oh, that’s an easy one. This really awesome person (You might recognize them!) that plays Peter in a role-playing game I play Edward in totally went Dom on my ass. It was an inspiring experience… and completely hot. Though that one included an airplane, just for the record.



  1. What is your favorite non-canon couple?  Likewise, who do you think could really just poof off the face of fandom, and you wouldn't shed a tear?


Well, if my reading preferences are any indication, my favorite non-canon couple would have to be Jasper and Bella. Or anyone other than Jacob or Edward with Bella. Ick… Which brings me to my other answer. I would be perfectly happy if Edward and Jacob didn’t exist and over half of the time I can live completely content without Bella as well.

 
  1. What brought you to the Fandom? Was it love at first sight for Twilight, or did you hate it with a brutal passion, and found yourself setting out to make it better?


What brought me into the fandom is not what brings most people, I’m sure… It was actually Cam Gigandet! Those scenes of shirtless James in the movie, well he was just very tasty at the time. Now I stick around for three reasons only: Jackson, Kellan and Peter. Though I have to say, if I didn’t work at the theatre and could see the movie for free, I’d have had nothing to do with the series. Because I seriously think they were badly written and my brain just wants to make it all better… Though I have to say, if the series were written more Midnight Sunstyle, it would have been a lot better. The thoughts Edward has toward violence to his fellow students are hilarious.


 
  1. What is your ideal Peter? It is Peter week after all, and you do write a delicious Peter in My Prize.


I have to admit that I’m rather taken with my role-playing friend’s rendition of Peter. He doesn’t match theMidnight Sun description because she uses pictures of Misha Collins to represent Peter’s appearance. He’s cocky, arrogant, dominant, possessive, perverted, funny, and a bit of a douche… He’s absolutely fucking adorable and definitely a cuddler, too. Though honestly I don’t think I’d ever try to date someone like him, he’s definitely my favorite representation of Peter that I’ve found so far.



  1. When are you going to update!? No just kidding. Tell us a little about the Penny behind the Penname, what makes you tic, what makes you fic'. Share with us your deepest darkest secrets.  Or...you know...just about you.


Well, if you want to get technical, the story is complete as it is. But, I do have a second part that’s a semi-continuation of My Prize that a couple of friends have lured me into writing. It’ll be done soon, though there’s no definite date on it. *winks* As for me, there’s no much to know. I read fanfics because they’re usually better than the crap that’s really out there (especially the Twilight saga). I write when an idea becomes so stuck in my head that it won’t leave me alone. I have issues with writer’s block though, so fics don’t come as easily as they did years ago when I used writing as an escape from real life. As for my deepest, darkest secret, well… *leans forward, starting to say something, and then just runs away!*

((for readers who didn't catch it, I play the Peter she's talking about.  Which is why I felt weird asking her what inspired her, since it was me.))

No comments:

Post a Comment