Monday 21 June 2010

Weekly Teasers!


Weekly Teasers!


Summery: Following the advice of his wife, Peter goes to collect a lion for a prize and finds something he wasn't expecting. Entry for the We Don't Need No Stinkin' Coven Contest! AU Peter/Mystery 

Warning: Mature Content and SLASH! (yes! Peter slash! nom nom nom.)


That was my blood! And those were my lips!
The most ferocious sounding roar I had heard since the Southern Wars tore from my lips as I leapt from my location. The vampire didn't stand a chance as I slammed into the slender body. I tore the hands that were moving to stop me away, slamming them to the ground as I drew my tongue through the mess of blood on the vampire's skin. The taste of the blood was bitter, but the skin tasted like chocolate that had been melted in the sun.
I moaned.
The vampire struggled again, trying to get away or to fight… I didn't know which. All I knew was that someone I had just decided was mine was trying to leave! And that wasn't fucking happening!
I reached up, twisting my fingers into the silky hair of my vampire and stared into those stunning golden eyes. I growled,
"Mine!"




Summery: Clinging to Angel ideals, trapped in a vampire body, with very human urges. He was very confused. Peter was an indecisive vampire with an identity crisis. Bella was jaded and self-isolated. In short they were perfect for each other.

Warning: Mature themes, Angelsex, and blatant, unrepentant blasphemy

"You Will Not Change Her."
Pain like a fist to the belly struck me hard, the inflection of his tone making it clear that this was not a suggestion but a Command.
From God.
"Gabriel..."
He sighed, "It is not for us to discuss Little Brother. We do not question the word of God. You will not change her."
I bit my lip, staring out the window into the night. "And if I do anyways? If I go against our Father? What then?"
"Micah..."
"What then, Gabriel!"
He swallowed hard, grabbing my hand and yanking me closer to him in the tiny cab of my truck until I was blanketed in his wings and arms. It was awkward, and probably uncomfortable, but I could feel his tension pulsing hot in the air, as he clung to me, whispering in my ear.
"You can never come back."







Summery 
An imprint gone wrong is a deadly thing, even when sutured by love. Too deadly, perhaps, for Leah to save her truest friend and alpha. Will passion trump fate when the light of Jake's life starts to thaw Leah's long-frozen heart?


~Leah POV~

Speaking of joints, the things they're smoking sure don't smell like cigarettes. I decline the one they offer me, but Nessie has to go and take it. I repo the thing with a snort and let her have it back just often enough that she can't reasonably ask for her own.

Helen takes note of our actions with a supremely bored expression, looking like a bird of prey with cheekbones that jut too far to have ever looked hot. After warming up her appraising stare, she turns it full-blast on Nessie. I feel damn proud of the girl when she doesn't so much as flinch-- she seems to be warming up to meeting strangers and maybe even likes the attention.

In response to Helen's tenor query as to how much she thinks she knows already, Nessie stares right back and answers, "Nothing that makes any sense to me so far." I add my two cents on whether religious crap ever makes sense, an opinion that no one in the room decides to dignify with a response. Predictable of Helen to break out the silent-treatment guns when logic is so on my side.

"Why do you think Leah brought you here, Renesmee? Why, when she doesn't feel we deserve a modicum of respect in our own home?" The words should be making me feel ashamed of myself, but the street preacher voice? Not so much. And her disapproving glance at my shirt? That is so third grade, I'm sorry. "Surely Leah has warned you," Helen's voice surrounds 'warned' in air quotes, "against believing too many of our views. Why does she not tell you what she wants you to know herself, cherry-picking only what she chooses to believe?"

"She said that your story makes sense," Ness answers. "She doesn't think it's the right story, but she doesn't know any others. Not ones that really fit together."

"Way to take me out of context," I retort. Helen smiles angelically, and I wish she were fair game to punch.

"Since we all agree on the importance of context, we'll start at the beginning," Helen announces.

"I like the beginning," Hermie sighs, and Helen nods her agreement.

"The beginning of our story is not the beginning of Quileute magic. Far from it. It is the beginning of the decline of Quileute magic; the point at which its ebb made people notice how much they would miss it. Before the shape-shifters; before the spirit warriors came a time when our magic was universal."

"Everyone had the magic." Hermie nods and looks very serious. "All of the Quiletes and the neighbors too. Just--" Her voice drops to a whisper and her grin gets wider. "We had more than most people."


No comments:

Post a Comment