Friday 9 July 2010

Fic Review

Hey guys, it's Miss-Beckie-Louise here. Apparently Amelie is out of the country, but I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, it's just something I heard on the grape vine. So I'm going to be writing my first ever blog review on a fic, it's pretty daunting so I hope I do this well and that your enjoy it.

The fic in question is Destiny Awaits by Midnight Seductress

Story summary: After Twilight. When Alice leaves to find her future, Bella makes a her a promise that will change everything.

Now then, this fanfic, may not be complete and neither has it been updated since 2009, but to be perfectly honest with you, I really don't care.

This fanfiction has seen me through my good days and my bad days. It's made me laugh, cry, happy dance, curl into a ball and cry. Purely because of the writing and whatever has happened in my semi-normal life.

It's a Bella and Jasper fic, which co-insides with our theme of the week which is what I think is the most important thing. As well as the characters being wonderfully described and used in this fanfiction, I wonder what comes next.

Just the events that happen in the fic is amazing. It starts off with Bella's birthday in New Moon. Granted, it is the over used starting point in this fandom *hands up* I'm one of them (Volturi Queen, Fighting For Everything We're Worth). But there is something about this fic that makes them stand out from the rest.

Not only does Edward not leave Bella, but it turns into a consoling fanfiction with a human caring for an out-of-control vampire. It's touching in ways that I truly cannot describe. In this fic, I want to hug Jasper so hard, the same with Esme and Emmett too as this fic shows the family growing together, makes them a family and not in the case of the saga where it's one minute they meet, the next they're killing another vampire for Edward's "Mate".

It's touching, and we see an appearance of the Denali's, Victoria, Laurent and Riley. I found this fanfic when I was going through my "Major" days. I go through stages of reading a particular character and tada, Jasper's time and I find this along with so many others that I could list for you and to be honest, I'd be more of them then there is of this post! So just take a look at my favourites page on my fanfiction profile which is: here.

I know this is a completely different review then what you are used to but, as it's me (Miss-Beckie-Louise) and not Amelie I thought it'd be okay.

So, here are the reasons why you should read this:
  • It's heartwarmingly beautiful
  • I re-read this so often, I'm surprised that I haven't memorized this.
  • It's beyond perfect
  • It was drama, mixed with newly found friendships and loves
  • It see's the Cullens in a light I have never seen before
  • Its special
  • and, well because I said so.
Now if you asked for reasons why you shouldn't read this. I'd say:
  • You're nuts, there are no reasons why you shouldn't read this. Just give it a try and you will love it!
See not really a reason, but still, there is one down for the sake of it!

Just give this fanfiction a go, it's special, in more ways than one. It's got 2,293 reviews. So people do read this! I know it hasn't been updated since 08-10-09 (I'm guessing that is, 10th August 2009, I'm English and we put the date the other day... day/month/year, and the whole concept of putting the date the wrong way confuses me.)

You see, Jasper, Hickeys, Alice, Visions, Elves costume, Father Christmas, Esme, Carlisle, Denali's, Smiley Charlie, Camp Beds... Do I need to go on?? Click on the linkie and have a read :)

______________________________________________________


So, I'm feeling nice and will review another Jasper fic. Just because it's me, and it's 1am and I can't be bothered to go to sleep.

How many of you have heard of Mommybrook? Lovely lady, American (Although, I'm totally not holding that against her :P haha joking), and she is one of the Facebook Jasper's Darlin's... No? Yes?

Well, she's currently writing an awesome fic called Somebody to Love.

Story summary: A Jasper/Bella story. Bella is 25 years old, divorced with two kids. The Cullen's return to her life when she absolutely needs them the most. If you don't like the idea of Jasper as the leading man, this is not the story for you! Language and future lemons


Now this fic, is pretty damn amazing. Not only does Bella have kids and is divorced, but she's with Jasper. I bet you're all like WTF is happening?

Well, I don't want to give this fic away too much, but basically, Jasper's amazing with children. Edward pops in and says hello, and a bit of drama and that is about it. This fic is special, it's definitely different. I mean how many fics do you know of with Bella and Jasper pairing, and Bella has kids and is divorced, and no I'm not asking about "Everything Starts in Texas" although that is also an amazing fanfiction.

It's special, different, and amazing all rolled into one. It's spectacular and you just have to check it out. She doesn't update often, but when she does, there is no doubt in my mind that she loses readers, she gains them, I'm sure. Either that, or I've re-read it so much that her stats have rocketed lately XD.

Check it out. Have lots of giggles and "Awww"'s because this fic is full of them!

I hope you enjoyed reading this review as much as I enjoyed writing this.

You never know, I might be writing one in the very near future!

Love to everyone.

Miss-Beckie-Louise and the "For the Love of Non-Canon" team.


p.s we're looking for blog staff, if you're interested email us at:

fortheloveofnoncanon@gmail.com, tweet me: @miss_bekki_lou or @NonCanonLove or even fill the form that is at the top of this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment