Thursday 15 July 2010

One Shots


So it's Rosalie week, which kind of put me in a pickle. I wanted to find something good, but I don't often read fics that center around her. I was surprised when I did a little digging and found some pretty awesome fics! The first rec was actually sent to me on twitter (Thanks Gem!) and I took the time to read it. I was pleasantly surprised.

It's AH, Emmett and Rosalie. He's a bartender, she's a patron with eyes for him. But it's sweet...the whole thing is sweet. It's a nice treat to get to see Rosalie in such a light. Not just the 'bitch' from Twilight.

Undisclosed Desires by BBSapphire24

It's not only sweet and well written, but it's pretty steamy as well. For a first fic, the author did a great job. Here's a little tiny taste:


I unlocked the door and Emmett pushed it open, allowing me to get out of the cold first, despite his lack of clothing. I wanted to take the stairs two, perhaps even three at a time, but was doing my best not to seem too eager for this. Emmett, on the other hand, didn't mind showing how eager he was and insisted we take the elevator.

"You do realize I only live on the second floor."

"Yes, but the elevator will be much more fun," he said as he pulled me into it.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me flush against his body.

"Do you realize how long I've wanted to kiss you? How many times I have thought about those lips of yours?"

He spoke against the skin of my neck as he trailed kisses down it. If he hadn't been holding me up, I would have collapsed in a heap on the floor. To think that he had these thoughts, these feelings for so long, and I had been so oblivious to them.

Nice, right?

Now on to my next selection for the week. I wanted to pick something a little different, a little more serious. I scrolled around for a bit until I clicked on a pairing that struck me as crazy. This next story is Rosalie and Ephriam, and believe it or not, it works. The story is written in a parallel, between present day and the past, and it's very well done.

Reflections on History by SleepySheep683

Here's a little bit:


Ephraim swam towards her, and Rosalie felt the heat build the closer he got, emanating from him through the water.

"You look lovely," he assured her, reaching forward and sweeping her wet hair out of her face with a touch so tender she could scarcely believe it came from the same man.

Then he pushed his hand through the water and splashed her, before swimming away, sniggering.

"That's not fair!" she insisted hotly, swimming after him and splashing him back. He returned the favour, and soon the pair of them were chasing each other, giggling as they did their best to soak each other further.

Eventually, Rosalie leapt onto the cliff face, calling out, "Catch me if you can!"

As she effortlessly pulled herself up the cliff, using barely-there hand and foot holds, she heard Ephraim chase after her, his body heat tangible as he advanced on her, catching her in his arms as they reached the plateau and pinning her to the grass.

"I have got you now," he teased playfully, his hands pressing her arms against the ground, his face inches from hers. "You shall not escape my clutches!"

This story is really nicely written, and poses an interesting scenerio.


Hope you guys enjoy these!


Much Love,


Kitty C.



No comments:

Post a Comment