Sunday 18 July 2010

Straight from the source with TrampVamp





with 
1. What brought you to the wonderful world of Fandom?  Did you start with Twilight, or was there a little something-something before Edward met Bella?
    

Twilight.  I have had a fascination with vampires for as long as I can remember.  My husband and I brought the kids to a water park one November and we were each looking for reading material to pass the time while the kids played in the water tubes.  I saw this book about a vampire in love with a human.  I had not heard a word about it before that moment.  Can you say life altering moment in Walmart?  Read Twilight that night and discovered there was more.  I read the next three in the next few days and then read them all again.  And again.  And again. Until I saw New Moon on new co-workers desk.  She turned me on to FanFic and in addition to being an amazing author, has become a friend. 
2. In your opinion, what makes for the ultimate Rosalie? We know she's beautiful, drop un-dead gorgeous, but what brains hide behind that beauty? Do you go for the cold and callous, bitchy and beautiful, or passionate and jaded?  If Niki Reed didn't play Rosalie, who do you think could have?

I think that Rosalie is quite intelligent, but in her time , learned as a young human that women kept their mouths shut and made for good wives.  I think Rosalie is somewhat jaded by the events of her past, at the very least she has major trust issues.  It takes a lot for her to let anyone in and when she does she is loyal to the death.  In my fic she gives off a cavalier, no body gets to me attitude.
 You know I never saw Niki as Rosalie.  I think Niki is so much more beautiful as a brunette and the wigs and die jobs made her look ridiculous.  But when you ask me what actress  would make a better Rosalie, I just don’t know.  I am partial to Molly Sims and Tara Reid at the moment.*wink*

3. So you're fic, Fire and Ice is a Garret and Bella, pretty much a rare pair if there ever was one. What inspired you to write Rosalie with Garret? What, in your opinion, makes them work.

It was done for a contest entry for B characters.  I have a major thing for Garrett.  He is your quintessential bad boy, never settling down, rogue nomad filled with fire and passion.  Rosalie as the ice queen just balanced that perfectly.  I liked the idea of his heat melting her, chipping away at the trust issues, and the idea of intense physical attraction leading to an emotional  bond, that at the same time melts her frosty façade and tames his wild ways.


4. If you could name your favorite Rosalie's in the fandom, from what story and by who?
First Love Lost and Last Love Found features Rosalie in a supporting but fairly major role as Jasper’s cousin.  I used Rose as a pretty central character in Only At Night as Lead, Bella’s  friend. Honestly I stretch to think of another story that features Rose.


5. What are you currently reading? In the fandom or out, take the time to give your favorites a shout out!

There is something outside the fandom???  Haven’t touched anything outside the fandom in a really long time.  I like a variety of stories from slash to Edward Bella, but I typically read Jasper Bella.  I love a good Carlisle too. 

I am extremely far behind in updates but these are on my alerts or that really spoke to me recently

Your Biggest Fan by Queen of  the Damned
Devil’s Angel by Obsessing Over Edward
I’ll Be Good For You, Tilly Whitlock
Gasping For Air Wolfenmoon1313

Of course there are dozens more and I would just point to my alerts, but these are just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment