Sunday 11 July 2010

Slash Recs

Hey guys, so MBL here, and well, I think this is the first ever Slash Rec post on this blog!

So, I hardly know anything about Slash, so I asked a friend of mine; AlsoFrightened6 about slash.


1) How did you get into Slash fics?

I didn't really read slash before my friend got me into it. I had no idea she was a writer and I was over at her house one time when she was sick and she had one of her chapters open. When I questioned her about it she told me all about FFn and I signed up for an account and started reading. =)

2) What is it different from Slash to Non-slash fics, other than the same sex sex? :P

If I am being honest - I havn't read anything that is non-slash. Two guys getting it on is hot - I have yet to pull myself away and read somethin else =)

3) What about the Saga interests you? I've always wanted to know this from a guy's perspective.

*chuckles* uhm - if I am being honest I am not a majorly big fan of the saga. I love Eclipse, it is my favourite because it think it is the more well written that the others and it has a bit more action, saying that I also love the end of Breaking Dawn - I guess I am more into the fighting and action than the lovey dovey stalker stuff. However, I do love the characters, I just think the books could have been written better. I think Stephenie Meyer has a really great imagination when thinking up characters and what they are like, I just think she doesn't use them to their full potential. Thats why I prefer Twi FFn - some of the stories some people come up with using the characters are absolutely phenomenal.

4) Do you have any slash recs?

My slash recs have to be: A Tangible Dichotomy by PerfectlyPersuasive, A Kiss Before I say Goodbye by rmhale, The Dressing Room by rmhale, The Bronze Prince by twiboy and I have just started reading Sketchbook Revelations by PolkaDotMama and I am really liking it so far. Outside FFn I have to recommend J.P Barnaby and Chris Owen. I have to say it - their books are hot =D

5) What's your favourite Jasper fic? Slash or non, I'm just curious.

My favourite Jasper fic so far, again has to be in The Dressing Room by rmhale. He is just all sorts of dominating and sexy in that story *chuckles*


6) What advice would you give someone who wanted to write their first slash fic?

Hmm - I suppose just write what feels right? And don't be scared to ask people for help. I went to a few people and asked if it sounded okay or if it was too much or too little and everyone I asked was really great and helped me out a lot. Maybe get a pre-reader? Just someone you trust to read through it first and give you their honest opinion before posting it. Lastly I would say don't be scared about posting it either. There are people out there that post some nasty stuff on some peoples stories, but in my opinion they are just pathetic. The people that matter are the people who say it's good, support you and give you constructive criticim. So just ignore them and keep writing, don't let them stop you.

So, here is a rec's for you from SusanAshlea!!

Tracking Redemption by Shoefreak37 (Edward and Demetri)

When Edward flees to Volterra after learning of Bella's death, he is coerced into remaining as a member of the Volturi Guard. Redemption can be found even when it is not being sought after. Slash/New Moon AU


NOTE: If you have ANY rec's at all, please fill in a form at the top of the page! We pimp them out on twitter as well at @NonCanonLove.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment