Saturday 10 July 2010

Straight from the source we bring you...skilail!





1. First things first, what brought you to the fantastic fandom that is Twilight? Was it love at first read? Or did you initially hate the story, and found, like many, that Bella really belonged with Jasper?
 
Good question! *cue rant*  My daughter came home from school one day asking if she could read these books because EVERYONE else was *rolls eyes*.  She's only 10, so I decided to pre-read them and see if they were age-appropriate.  By the time I finished with the last book, I was seething over Edward's controlling ways.  
I started bitching to one of my friends about how I loved the universe SM created, but I couldn't stand her portrayal of Edward and Bella's relationship.  Seriously, he took her carburetor out to keep her from visiting her friend! That is NOT a healthy relationship.  Love isn't easy, it takes two people that see each other as equals to work, and this relationship had NONE of that.  Edward needs to take his Victorian-era sensibilities and stuff them up his....Well, you get the idea!

Anyway, my friend laughed at me and told me to go read some fanfiction with non-canon couples, and I was instantly addicted!


2. In your opinion, what makes for a perfect Jasper? Strong and silent? Southern Charm? Dark and broody? What makes that sexy boy sexier?


The perfect Jasper is all of those things and more!  The perfect Jasper has conflicting personality traits in my opinion.  

-He is sensitive and caring when he needs to be, but is completely able to kick someone's ass into gear when the situation calls for it.  
-He doesn't like conflict, but will go all Major on someone's ass if it is necessary.
-He is honest and expects honesty in return.
-He knows he isn't perfect, and doesn't expect perfection from anyone else, but will apologize or expect apologies if warranted.
-He isn't a momma's boy, but he respects his mother and takes her life lesson's to heart.
-He is protective of those he loves, without smothering them.  He lets them make their own mistakes, then helps them clean up the mess later.



3. Who are your top favorite Jaspers in the fandom and why?(Jaspers in specific stories for example Catonspeed's Jasper in The Last Mile because.....)

Oh, there are so many!  

I LOVE IdreamofEddy's Jasper.  *bows down to worship IdreamofEddy*  She was the first to really bring his character to life (in my opinion), so I will always have a soft spot for "Colliding Meteors".

Merina Green has done an AWESOME job with her Jasper in "Running".  Her story is so unique, and you get to see a different side of him.

JamesRamsey does an amazing job showing Jasper as a sensitive badass in "Insecurities".

I love Givemesomevamp's Jasper in "The Quiet Room".  He is a take charge guy, but is so sensitive to Bella's needs!

Catonspeed's Jasper in "The Last Mile" rocks my socks!  As soon as he finds Bella on the side of the road, you really see his protective side come out, and I love it!

I know I've left a bunch out, but that's all I can think of right now!


4. What made you want to write the epic love that is Jasper and Bella? What makes them work?

I loved the idea of two characters that see each other as equals, and are able to compliment each other well.  I think these two make it easy to see that love isn't all sunshine and daisies, that you have to truly care about each other to make it work!  True love makes you see past a person's imperfections and embrace the positive things about your partner, while helping them grow into a more rounded individual. 

What makes them work so well?  Neither of them cares for the spotlight, and would rather work behind the scenes.  They both feel like the luckiest individual in the world when they receive the love of their partner. Plus, neither needs grand gestures to show their love, they know that it's the little things in life that truly prove they care about each other.










5. What are you reading now? Any suggestions to our dear, fellow Jasper loving readers?

Oh, I definitely have a few favorites right now!
-Of course, givemesomevamp's "The Quiet Room"  which is just fucking brilliant!
-"Nowhere Left To Run" by Spirare is an amazing read that always makes me LOL.
-"Freedom's Rise" by Michelle Amethyst is a nice spin on the normal Jasper/Bella relationship
-"Worth It" by NightFairy85 is a nail biter right now, and I can't wait to read more!
-"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" by Stitchcat is only two chapters in, but I am already wanting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment